KTUU: Trial begins in Anchorage murder case that is over 40 years old; Little Diomede’s only school closed after building crash and more ->
KTUU Dave Allgood News: Bear Valley Elementary claims National Blue Ribbon Award for high performance
KTOO: Alaska mother of ROTC cadet calls lack of accountability for her death ‘unconscionable’; Alaska experts try to untangle invasive Japanese knotweed and more ->
Alaska Native News: Donovan Dennis Charged in Eagle River Shooting Investigation; Former JBER Soldier Indicted for Sexual Assault; This Day in Alaska History-November 27th, 1918; This Day in Alaska History-November 28th, 1886; This Day in Alaska History-November 29th, 1915; This Day in Alaska History-November 30th, 1918 and more ->
Fairbanks News Webcenter 11: Fatal vehicle collision Wed. evening on Richardson Highway; Hello, Goodbye – Fairbanks fire chief retires with new chief already on deck and more ->
The Arctic Sounder: To keep health aides safe, Northwest Alaska health corporation is hiring security guards and more ->
KINY: Steavin Martin sentenced for two counts of sexual assault; Metlakatla Indian Community Team recognized by NOAA for entanglement response; With law enforcement sparse, Alaska villages build network of safety for survivors and more ->
????❤️If You Donate to food banks Etc ❤️????
Just a heads up about things donated.
1. Everyone donates Kraft Mac and Cheese in the box. They can rarely use it because it needs milk and butter which is hard to get from regular food banks.
2. Milk / Boxed milk is a treasure, as kids need it for cereal which they also get a lot of.
3. Everyone donates pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles.
4. They cannot eat all the awesome canned veggies and soup unless you put a can opener in too or buy pop tops.
5. Oil is a luxury but needed for Rice a-Roni which they also get a lot of.
6. Spices/salt/pepper make a great gift.
7. Tea bags and coffee help keep warm
8. Sugar and flour are treats.
9. fresh produce donated by farmers and grocery stores.
10. Seeds are cool in Spring and Summer because growing can be easy for some.
11. They rarely get fresh meat.
12. Tuna and crackers make a good lunch.
13. Hamburger Helper goes nowhere without ground beef.
14. They get lots of peanut butter and jelly but usually not sandwich bread.
15. Butter or margarine is nice too.
16. Eggs are a real commodity.
17. Cake mix and frosting makes it possible to make a child’s birthday cake.
18. Dishwashing detergent is very expensive and is always appreciated.
19. Feminine hygiene products are a luxury.
20. Almost Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing.
21. Diapers / baby things
22. Wipes care products
23. Buns rolls
24. Baked goods
25. Potatoes ????
26. Nuts /trail mixes /crackers
27. Seeds for eating or cooking
28. Raisins /trail mixes
29. Dishwashing pods
30. Rags and cleaning supplies
31. Pet food / Pet supplies and warm gear
KFSK: Burglary suspect arrested and in custody; Petersburg High School students raise and release pink salmon and more ->
Delta Wind: Fort Greely CAC now open to public; new coffee shop, lounge under construction